BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Silly Dude

Nile was on a very silly kick tonight. He must've been in an odd mood because he was very clingly and super sweet.

It was the most adorable when Nile threw his stuffed Wall-E and stuffed dog Cramen onto the couch and threw his little arms open for a hug as he said "I love you guys." I couldn't help but marvel and laugh all at the same time. It was so precious. He had a great time rolling around on the floor with Wall-E and kissing him between the eyes.

Nile sleeps with Cramen (a gift from Uncle Cameron and named in his honor) every night. He loves that little puppy and unceremoniously drags him around the house in the morning.

Nile was also having a great time practicing his colours today. We've found a great little system. Nile loves to munch on dry cereal and I bought a box of Fruit Loops the other day. Before he eats each single piece he has to tell me what color it is and if he doesn't know or remember he waits for me to tell him. He really seems to be getting the hang of it. He does have some trouble differentiating between Yellow and Orange but with Fruit Loops its hard to tell the difference.

Nile was also quite keen to tell me to "open your mouth" so he could force feed me some of his cereal. He's quite the giver.

Nile's mean streak also seems to be lessening. He's starting to relax a little. He's less likely to snap "Don't say that" or "stop that." He also hasn't said "shut up" in quite some time. I'm hoping this means he's finally over the small anxious phase kids grow through when they start to gain some control over their world.

School is still going well...in fact...I should probably be busy on Math homework right now...

0 comments: