BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good News Everyone!

Well, after over a month, I finally have my Mazda back. For anyone that didn't know, a little backstory. The last week of November, I loaned my Mazda to Greg so he could go grocery shopping and I spent the day with my boyfriend.

About half way through the day I noticed my phone had several missed calls, several voicemails and several text messages. So I checked the voicemails only to find out Greg had been in an accident with Nile in my car. Nile and Greg were both fine but my car was not. It was taken to the shop and thus the process of appraisals and deicisions began. I was worried when they told me the damage was going to amount to over $9,000 and I knew the car was only worth $10,00 or $11,000. Luckily for me, they did not total my car.

After a month of repairs, me in a rental car and for the last few days my dad's truck, they finally called to say my car was done. I was ecstatic! I couldn't wait to have my sporty little ride back. I went and picked him up, he ran beautifully and looked all shiney and pretty. I'm so happy to have him back and super grateful for American Family (and our agent) and the other ladies insurance through State Farm.

Nile is still doing super with potty training. He even pulled on his jeans by himself today, albeit backwards, but still...The kid is just so aware and independent. He's also started drinking from a big boy cup. He's had several spills but he's doing great.

Work is going really well and I actually get to attend my first big business conference in March. I am so excited. I feel like such a big kid. I'm really looking forward to all the stuff I'm going to learn and getting to spend the time with my boss.

School started yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. It feels kinda weird to be back, but I suppose that can't be avoided. I have a lot to prove to myself and I'm determined to really excel in school. I'm far too old and far too much is relying on me succeeding. I can't take this lightly or with any of my former cavalier attitudes. Here's to a "Straight A's Semester!"

0 comments: