BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dawn

A new day has come and I find myself smiling at the warmth of the golden dawn before me.



It has been nearly 5 months since I left my ex-husband and not a days goes by that I'm not absolutely affirmed that I made the right decision. As painful as this process has been and as much as I sometimes struggle with the things resulting from it, I find no reason to even briefly wish I had chosen otherwise.

In these 5 months I have certainly had my ups and downs, as is true of life period. But I find comfort in the fact that things are definitely on an uphill swing.

In an effort to not allow myself to be bogged down by the minute details of life I have begun a concerted effort to focus on the highlights. I recently received a pr
omotion at work. I am now seated happily in the Payments (Financial) department working as a Fraud Prevention Analyst. I so thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tech Support and am so grateful for the opportunity to advance. Special thanks to Candice and Devin for their motivation. I enjoy the company of my new coworkers, Jenn and Josh. Each day is exciting, fresh and challenging.

I have so many friends and family members that have been so kind to me. I hope that each one of you knows just how valuable you've been to me. Everything from letting me vent and complain to returning my long absent social life. Thank you all.

I am, also, relishing in my time with Nile. This little man never ceases to delight and fascinate me. His intelligence and personality are so enthralling to me that I often wonder how in Heaven and on Earth I was chosen to care for this little being. Nile's linguistic skills continue to amaze. Any word of less than 3 syllables is no challenge for Nile. He can repeat nearly anything and needs only one or two examples before the word is committed to memory. One of my favourite bits of his English repertoire was learned for his Uncle Cameron. On one occasion when Cameron called to give us his "I'm safe" report, I put Nile's mouth to the phone and asked Nile to repeat what I said, without hesitation Nile copied my saying "Cameron,"
"Iraq" and "Kuwait" much to Cameron's joy. Nile's use of full sentences is also fantastic. Favourites include "I wanna go outside" "I wanna eat yogurt" and "I don't want that." I also laugh everytime Nile prefaces answers or statements with a lenghty "Ummm."

Nile is nearly two years old. His birthday is just over a week away and I struggle with the realization that I have watched helplessly as the last 2 years have flown by in nearly a wink. I have watched my alien-faced infant grow and mature into a walking, talking toddler. This toddler plays video games, greets nearly all strangers with a glowing "Hi" and chases gleefully after any doggy that will let him. Nile is warm and friendly. He
is so fond of his friends and family. He absolutely LOVES cars and trucks (seemingly as any little boy might). He never misses the chance to greet me with open arms and shrieks of joy when I pick him up from the sitter. He serves as a great little alarm clock, promptly waking me each morning. As the sun rises, I am greeted with a repetitive "Mommy....Mommy....Mommy" until I reluctantly roll over at which point I hear a giddy "Hi!"

I am so very blessed and although life presents it's many challenges I know that I am headed in the right direction, hand in hand with my raison d'etre. All things happen for a purpose and I trust that the confidence and joy I feel are the result of making ultimately the hardest decision I will ever make (I hope, although others are sure to come).

While I may not have a traditional family any longer, I know, without a doubt, my family is whole.




0 comments: